LANA RUG : SILVER
Lana is an eco-friendly tip-sheared rug created using plastic waste recovered from the world’s oceans and marine industries. Woven in a loop pile Wilton structure, Lana’s richly textured surface is a random mélange of cut & loop yarns, created by minimal differences in height of the individual tuft points, the higher of which are cut during the tip shearing process. Very soft to the touch, Lana’s revolutionary lustrous recycled nylon fibres reflect light like a fine silk or cellulose fibre such as viscose, giving the carpet surface a delicate shimmering aspect so favoured in modern contemporary interiors. The combination of the woven structure and highly engineered nylon fibres offer superior durability and performance making Luna suited for light commercial applications such as hotel rooms or executive offices.
Please note that there is a 2-3 week lead time for all rug orders as they are custom made and there is no refund or exchange available on these as they are made bespoke to order.
When a spill occurs on your rug:
Immediate attention to any spillage is essential to prevent the penetration of the stain into the carpet fibres, the longer the stain remains untreated, the more complicated it will be to remove and this can cause permanent stain setting:
- A. For solids, the first step is to scoop up or scrape off loose dirt using a blunt instrument such as a spoon or spatula. If the spill is of a dry powdery nature, use a vacuum cleaner on the correct setting to remove from the surface, gently brushing if necessary to assist in the process. It should be noted that some dry spillages are also greasy and, if they are not removed as detailed in the steps below, they may result in a stain, which attracts soil more quickly than surrounding areas of carpet. Any remaining residue should be then treated as suggested by the next steps in our guide.
- B. For wet spillages, these should be wet vacuumed as soon as they occur to avoid staining, or soak up liquids with white absorbent cloth/towel.
Suitability: Heavy domestic use | Moderate commercial use
- Woven on a Wilton loom with a tip-shear loop texture.
- The main component is ECONYL®, recycled nylon made from fishing nets collected from the ocean.
- Light commercial use with usage classes 23, 31 (EN 1307).
- Fire certification CFls1 (EN 13501-1).
- Suitable for use with underfloor heating (TOG 0.77).
- Anti-static behavior (ISO 6356).
- Sustainability: Complies with LEED (EQC 4.3) and BREEAM building standards.
CompositionRecycled Nylon ECONYL®
Total weight approx.± 2,800 g/m²